Licenses to Operate
University of Phoenix is approved to operate in the following U.S. states and district, either through licensure, registration, general or specific approvals, consent, or exemption.
- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
- California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Commission on Higher Education
- Government of the District of Columbia, Education Licensure Commission
- Florida Commission for Independent Education
- Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
- State of Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP) from
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- State of Louisiana Board of Regents
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
- New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
- New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Board of Governors for the University of North Carolina
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Utah Division of Consumer Protection
- The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Washington Student Achievement Council
University of Phoenix is subject to specific approval-related statements that are required by some states or provinces as follows:
Florida: Licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, License No. 2308.
Georgia: Authorized under the Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990.
Illinois: University of Phoenix is authorized to operate as a post-secondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, 1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377, www.ibhe.org.
Indiana: Fully authorized by the Indiana Commission for Postsecondary Proprietary Education. AC-0188. Indianapolis Campus: 7999 Knue Rd., Suites 100 & 500, Indianapolis, IN 46250; Northwest Indiana Campus: 8401 Ohio St., Merrillville, IN 46410.
Maryland: Registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Ohio: Registration Number 1154320. Cleveland Main Campus: 3401 Enterprise Pkwy., Ste. 250, Beachwood, OH 44122.